Saturday, September 26, 2009

Places of Note From Ripon - Site of First Relationship Disaster

 

 P9160038

It was at one of the benches above, or a predecessor thereof, facing the bowling green below, that I was dumped for the first time. 

I wasn’t so much dumped as abandoned.  I don’t recall her name and have only a vague recollection of the face.  Anyway, I think we’d been going out for a couple of weeks and for whatever reason were spending a weekend afternoon at the Spa Gardens.

So at some point she gets up to go to the loo or get something from the cafe, never to return, leaving me alone and sniffling on the bench.

And thus were sown the seeds of my musical career writing such touching lines as “You look into the land of the living and you want to cry” and “I wake up screaming in the night, where are you now?”.

P9160037

No comments: